Saturday 27 June 2009

Week Nine - 13/6/09: Welsh Castles Relay Leg 3, Cricceth to Maentwrog - hot and slow

Distance - 12.3 miles
Ascent - About 700', all on road

My time - 1:34:55
Position - 49/57 (85% - probably the worst i'll do all year)

What was it like?

Boy that was hard. I'm clearly not really running too well, there was no speed in my legs at all. It was a hot day with no breeze and no shade. A brutal hill to finish and a high class field as is usual in the castles.

Perhaps it was a result of tiredness after supporting Dave's BG last week? I just don't know. But it was quite possible one of the worst races I've ever done, just one of those days. It got so bad i couldn't run 8 min/mile on the flat. The heat was horrendous. I ended up counting paces just to keep going and focussing on not feeling crap.

Oddly, the hill, both up and down which comes at the end of the race was ok, perhaps showing that my speed is, well, not up to speed. It's clear where i need to focus, and quick...

Still, least i had some compensation at the end....thanks guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment