Sunday 7 June 2009

Week Eight- 4/6/09: Deestriders Multi-Terrain series Race One - The need for speed

Distance - 5 miles
Ascent - Trace amount - some short sharp little hills

My time - 32:49
Position - 27/82 (22%)

What was it like?

Fast. And right now, I don't really do fast. I arrived back from France after not much sleep and turned up without much mental prep for this - a 'just get round' job. It was a lovely race, nice and low key. The sun was out and the trail race was on an interesting course, especially for a contrived course amongst copses and fields within industrial Deeside.

I found that I liked running hard and fast, despite the fact i've done very little speedwork. I was well rested and felt ok, although i reckon that rich French food took it's toll and I'd added a pound or two... This race is part of a 4 race series (9th July, 6th August, 4th September) run on the same course so a good chance to track my fitness.

This was a very handy race in the pursuit of one per week as I supported Dave Sykes' amazing Bob Graham at the weekend and I was thankful for being fit for that.

Next race: Leg three of the Welsh Castles next weekend. Oh no, road racing....

No comments:

Post a Comment