Monday 25 May 2009

Week Seven - 25/5/09: Mynydd Myfyr hill run - Tired, sore, hot, slow, rubbish

Distance - 4 miles
Ascent - 500'

My time - 30:12
Position - ? about halfway

What was it like?

This was a race I would have loved if I hadn't have done the mighty Carneddau the day before. It was a pleasant, low key trail race with a little bit of mixed ground which would be right up my street. I reckon I could get in the top ten on a good day here - today I'm not sure I was in the top half.

I tried, but it was sore going and i instantly got a headache from the start, so it was not going to be one of those days when you get away with it. Moel Famau last Monday, 6 railways last Tuesday, a very tough track session on Weds and a trail run on Thursday as well as the big race yesterday meant i never stood a chance today.

Still, that's this week's race done so I can go to France knowing the race a week plan is still on.

Next stop Deestriders trail race on 4th June - the same day as i'm back from France before heading off to do Dave's Bob Graham - the overnight leg 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment