Sunday 10 May 2009

Week Three - 29/4/09: Wrexham Borders League road race


Distance - 4 miles
Ascent - n/a (road race)

My time - 25:34
Position - 130/270 (47%)

What was it like?

It was everything I hate.

Short

Road

Evening race

On tired legs from the three peaks

All the things that I hate. This was putting one in for the team - with Tattenhall Runners needing me to run and count, even though I was well off the pace and feeling heavy legged.

In all honesty, once the pressure of racing was off, it was good to have a bit of a run out and see how I was. The post run grub was especially good whilst the results were being calculated.

One to score in the mission to race every week, but nothing more than that. Confirmation, not that it was needed, that I belong on the fells and take time to get going. 4 miles is far far too short!

Route HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment