Saturday 9 May 2009

Week One - 18/4/09: Moelwyn 3 peaks






Distance - 10.5 miles
Ascent - 2800 feet

My time - 1:46:37
Position - 47/106 (44%)

What was it like?

Sunny sunny sunny and just gorgeous. My first race for months after a few months of very little running. What a gorgeous return to racing. And what a great race! Has a bit of everything - grassy bits, steep rocky bits, hard path and trial and some simply gorgeous scenery. I loved this race - the weather helped though...

Steve and Sarah ran from Tattenhall and both beat me on the day - couple of mins ahead. Given the lack of training, i was quite pleased to be anywhere near them to be honest.

One amazing feature of this race was the amount of photographers on the course! There's nothing worse than having to straighten yourself up and puff your chest out for the camera when you're knackered.

So, a return to racing and a fantastic new experience for me in the stunning Snowdonia mountains.

I didn't do this race to fly or compete. Nor was it consciously the start of a mission to race each week. I just wanted to come back and see how I was getting on.

What I learned was that I really missed it and was glad to be back.

(Photos care of Alistair Tye)

No comments:

Post a Comment