Saturday 27 June 2009

Week Ten - 17/6/09 and 19/6/09: Two this week....the Druid and the Tattenhall Tough Team



Race 1 - The Druid

Distance - 5 miles
Ascent - 1250'

My time - 41:18
Position - 34/84 (40%)

What was it like?

I love this race, and the series it kick-starts. It's a real marker for me that summer is here. I love the low key atmosphere, the course, the fact that race HQ is a van in a pub car park and it costs three quid on the night....the joys of fellrunning.

Didn't have a great run, but better perhaps than the castles. Just not running with much confidence. Started ok, paused to tie my laces and couldn;t get going again. Felt like there was no speed but had a strong finish. I have started training regularly again so perhaps this was an early sign of my body responding. Need my mind to catch up.

Race 2 - The Tattenhall Tough Team Race

Distance - 8.6 miles
Ascent - @ 700'

My time - 1:08:18
Position - 7th team from 63, (11%)

What was it like?

Nick, Paul and I had a lovely run and it was the best i;ve run for weeks. Nick and Paul and both just a little stronger than me which only really showed itself in the last flat mile but i ran fast and well and held off a fast team of Liz, Sara and Andy. I enjoyed it, remarkable having had arguably one of the worst days at work of my career. I was pre-occupied and tense but ran well on a stunning and fun evening.

Who knows....maybe this racing and training is paying off....

No comments:

Post a Comment